FamilyWatch recognizes and protects the rights of its clients.
Rights of the Client and the Recipient of Care
1. The Client and the Recipient of Care have the right to have their property treated with respect;
2. The Client and the Recipient of Care have the right to request a change in the service plan, including the temporary suspension, permanent termination, temporary addition, or permanent addition of a service;
3. The client has the right to file a grievance regarding services, employee conduct, or the lack of respect for property and not be subject to discrimination or reprisal for filing the grievance;
4. The client has the right to be free from verbal, physical, and psychological abuse and to be treated with dignity; and
5. FamilyWatch will report to the appropriate agencies an incident of suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation of an adult pursuant to KRS 209.030(2) and (3); or of child abuse or neglect pursuant to KRS 620.030(1).